Monday, December 22, 2008

A Flurry of Posts

Finally -- the cards have been mailed, the goodies delivered, the presents bought (and almost all wrapped), the school parties are over, the stockings are hung -- and I have a minute to myself to catch up on the blog. It is an amazing time of year. I hope I have slowed down enough to soak it in. Tonight for family night Zac wanted to act out the nativity. It was fun even though Brook (the cutest angel you have ever seen) kept taking the baby Jesus out of the manger. When we were done, we asked the kids why the Chritsmas story is so important. We asked them what would have happened if Christ had not come to the earth. (Zac answered that there would be more robbers and, you know, he is probably right.) I really thought about it too and realized again how grateful I am that He did come to earth. It was a beautiful moment as we talked about our need for the Atonement and the precious gift of repentance. No wonder the multitude of heavenly hosts sang for joy. Have a Merry Christmas as you too rejoice in the life of our Savior.

No comments: