Sunday, June 12, 2011

Kindergarten Graduation

Ally hit another big milestone -- Kindergarten graduation. Aunt Nicole got to come with us. She was a life saver, wrangling kids and taking pictures and doing things with my camera that I did not know my camera could do. Hence the way cute picture above.

The kids did a great job with their program. My personal favorite is "The Rules of the Classroom." There is something too fun about watching little bodies groove to the music. Ally was so excited to perform for us. We were treated to several pre-performances at home at the dinner table and in the living room. Still, the actual day was a treat. We really do have a great elementary school and amazing teachers. At the end there was a slide show. I have to admit that I got a little teary as I watched and the country song, "Let Them Be Little" played in the background. Life goes too fast and we do need to let our kids be little. All too soon the messes and noises will be over and I will long to have my happy little kids climbing all over me.

Sariah, Brook and Sam got to come watch the program, too. They were very patient especially since they could not see very well.


Ally is a social butterfly. She makes friends wherever she goes. So it is only appropriate that we snapped a few pictures with friends.

I love you, Pal and I am so proud of the great kid you are. You will conquer first grade just like you have everything else. There is nothing you can't do!

No comments: