Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sariah!






Today my girl turned 7. Where has the time gone? She is my miracle. I went to her class to pass out birthday treats. Her teacher has each student in the class draw a picture of the birthday kid and write something about him or her, then she puts them all in a birthday book. It almost made me cry to read it. Her teacher also asked me to tell a little about the day she was born. I did not share all the details, like wondering if she would even make it. Sometimes I have to stop and remember how far we have come. On a lighter note, we had a great day. She had a princess party that I thought was a great idea until I tried pulling it all together. Let's just say that now that it is over, my stress level has gone way down. When her friends arrived, I told them I was the evil stepmother and that they were each Cinderella. I put them to work dusting the living room. Then there was a knock at the door and the Duke (Zac) brought an invitation to the ball. The girls got to decorate their gowns (made from butcher paper). While the glitter dried, we opened presents. Then we decked them out in their gowns, necklaces and tiaras and sent them to the ball downstairs. Aunt Nicole and her friend did a great job decorating the basement. Joseph made a mix of ball appropriate music and the girls twirled to their hearts' content. The handsome prince (Joseph) even made an appearance to dance with the birthday girl. At the stroke of midnight (Zac banging on a pan with a wooden spoon) the girls ran back up the stairs, losing a shoe on the way as instructed. We had brownies and ice cream and then the doorbell rang again. It was the Duke with an armful of "glass slippers" which fit each girl perfectly. In their shoes was a jar of fairy godmother dust (glitter) to take home. I think it was a hit. Thanks to Family Fun for the idea. We drove the girls home, ate a quick dinner and got ready for the family party with Grandma and Grandpa Anson and Marc, Liz and Rachel. Sariah loved all her gifts. (Zac and Ally loved theirs, too. In fact Zac is downstairs right now asleep in his baseball pants. Thanks, Grandma Walker.) Thank you to all of you who stopped by or called. You made her day.

1 comment:

walkermom said...

wish we could have been there!