Tuesday, September 16, 2008

School Daze

On August 20th, Sariah became an official first grader. She loves it! One of her favorite parts is getting to eat her lunch at school. I would love to be a fly on the wall to see her interact in the lunchroom. She can hardly stand being so grown up and independent. Her teacher is Mrs. Snow and I have been impressed so far. I actually think going to school all day has been harder on me that on Sariah, although she does get pretty tired. The first few days I walked around in a daze. I missed my little shadow. I really did feel lost. I love my Sariah so much and am so proud of all she has accomplished.
Zac started kindergarten a week later on August 27th. He was SOOOOOOOOOOOO ready! If you ask what his favorite part of school is, he reponds without hestitation, "Recess!" Spoken like a veteran student. He has made several new friends. Last night for FHE he was in charge of the activity and he even taught us the game he learned in PE. We all had a blast playing with him. His teacher is Mrs. Comte. That is who Sariah had last year and she is fantastic. I was thrilled. I miss my boy, too. The house is pretty quiet in the mornings. Ally and Brook are getting some good bonding time and it is fun to spend more time with just the two of them. Zac, you are amazing and I see a bright school career ahead of you.
Ally and mom have "preschool" once a week at home. She gets her backpack and brings her imaginary classmates to school. Bless her heart. She would dearly love to go to a "real preschool outside," as she informed me yesterday. I think the outside part means outside of our house. Next year, Pal. For now it is just us and we have fun. Here she is coloring her Humpty Dumpty puzzle. She had a good time "putting Humpty together again." I am thinking we might need preschool more than one morning a week. Without Zac and Sariah around, I have become her playmate of choice. I just can't keep up with who I am supposed to be and what I am supposed to say in all of the pretend games. This morning I did laundry with a superhero cape on. I am pretty sure I was Wonerwoman for most of the time. I think I did an OK job following directions.

4 comments:

Marc and Liz Anson said...

It's so fun to see pictures of our adorable nieces and nephew. Rachel loves her counsins too. In fact at least once a day she says "cousins commin up today!"

Chris 'n Leah said...

I love that tired/excited school "daze" it always seems to last for at least two months for our girls. Fun times!

Amy, you are such a good person and I can see what a great mother you are. I wish we lived closer so we could interact more often. We will have to see you next time we are visiting Chris's family in Utah.

Unknown said...

You'll always be wonder woman to us, Amy! We can't believe how grown up your kids are. We miss you guys like crazy. Al, Please include us in your pretend games and pretend that we are playing too!

Carrie said...

Oh, I love your family! I'm glad I can also claim you as my family. :) You made me laugh out loud when you talked about trying to keep up with your roles in Ally's games and doing laundry!! How fun!