Friday, November 14, 2008

Preserving Memories

So Liz, this blog is for you. I have been a slacker and it is time for me to do a little catching up. There has been plenty going on at the Anson house. Nothing too exciting but we always seem busy. We did take a little time out at the beginning of October and went on a hike up Payson canyon with some friends. The kids loved it. Most of the way I carried Brook and held Sariah's hand. I am out of shape, but we made it nonetheless.

I could not resist this picture of Ally on our hike. I don't know why she will never look at the camera. She cracks me up everyday. She and Zac were all over the place and had a great time.

Here we are with our friends Jordyn and Jaxson who invited us to hike with them.

We did spend quite a bit of time this fall canning. We got a great deal on some peaches. We bottled quite a few and then made more jam than I care to remember, but it sure is nice to see it all lined up on the shelves in my basement. And my kids think I am the greatest because I made yummy jam. We also got to do some apples and enjoyed yummy apple crisp with the apples that did not make it into the jars.

We also got to use our stake's dry pack canner at home. The kids had fun helping us seal cans of sugar, oats and rice. Zac asked what we were going to do. I told him we were sealing cans. He looked at me for a minute and then asked, "Why do we want to marry the cans?" What a cutie.

1 comment:

Marc and Liz Anson said...

I love the picture of Sariah and Brook, it's too precious! This morning I'm doing dry packing at the church and I'm doing rice and oats too. It's my first time doing it so it should be an adventure!!

Oh and Happy Birthday Zac!!