Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Three Wishes

So, during our dinner conversations this week, I have been very enlightened on the subject of Leprechauns. (Zac and Ally apparently have very knowledgeable friends at school.) Among other things I learned that if you catch a Leprechaun he gives you three wishes, not his gold. So I asked the kids what they would wish for.

Sariah said: 1. a Wiggles DVD 2. a Cinderella toy 3. (I forgot)
Zac said: 1. a Wii 2. Leprechaun gold 3. a Carolina Panther's helmet
Ally said: 1. a dolly house 2. a Barbie 3. to splash in the tub
Joseph only got to wish for one thing and then we were off on anther topic. He said he wished for a trip around the world with his family. Ally piped up, "Even to Missouri?!" What a character.

As for my wishses: 1. that I had actually posted this on St. Patrick's Day 2. that I could remember more of the cute things the kids say 3. that I was caught up in all of the million things I want to stay on top of. So, in an attempt to stay on top of the blog, here is a little of what we've been up to lately, in no particular order and not including Sariah's big day. That will be it's own post.

The picture at the top is Ally on her way to preschool. We were invited to join a mother's preschool group. She loves it. It is the Pretty Princess Preschool. All girls. All princesses. There are six of them so I only have to take my turn as teacher every five weeks. That works great for me. It is just what Ally needed. She is too grown up for me sometimes.

My ride has been "momed." (If you haven't seen it, check out "Mom my ride" on YouTube. If I were a little more technosavvy I would have a link on my post. Just be excited you got a picture. And I did get a new camera for Christmas. As soon as I get it figured out, you might even get video!) Somehow I managed to snap my sideview mirror off by backing into the garbage can that was on the street for pick up. Really I was not going that fast. The bitter irony of it all is that we had just gotten it out of the shop for other repairs. Yeah for duct tape.
We had a whirlwind Valentine's weekend. My parents were in town for Grandma Puckett's 80th birthday and Sariah's baptism. Here are the kids in a rare "down moment" with Uncle Brian at Chris and Emily's house. We were so busy, I hardly took a picture.

Zac participated in the Kindy 500. We had fun making his car, complete with a real NC license plate (sorry about the glare) and bumper stickers. They say "Don't let the pigeon drive my race car" and "Honk if you love Mrs. Comte!" Zac was so excited. It was amazing to see all the creative cars. It was obvious which parents had let their kids help and who had holed themselves up in the garage and created a masterpiece. A lot of dads were walking around with proud smiles on their faces.

Life is never dull around here. The kids keep us laughing and practicing patience. Come to think of it, if I did catch a Leprechaun (like the one who left quarters in the kids' shoes and turned our milk green) I wouldn't wish for anything different than what I have. (Although that gold would come in handy . . . )

4 comments:

Chris 'n Leah said...

Amy, what a wonderful post. You have such a precious family it is so nice to hear how things are going. It's those every day converstions that make having a family so wonderful.

Thanks for sharing!

PS- I am lovin' the van!

Marc and Liz Anson said...

Yay, for Pretty Princess Preschool! That sounds like a load of fun for you and the girls. And I love the car Zac made for school, I bet no one else had a NC license plate.

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Cool - they make kid-sized cars and have a "race"? What fun. We could do that for spring break...hmmm. Love the van, too. Mine has scratches down the side from an unfortunate incident involving a few mailboxes, but, hey, it gets us around!

Heather said...

So glad to know that leprechauns are dinner time discussions at other homes! I was taught all about them by a very trusting 6 year old who has friends with very big imaginations. Can't tell you how happy I was when March 17th came and went. Congratulations on the baptism!!