Friday, April 2, 2010

Sweet Treats

At the end of January we got a short visit from Grandma Walker. She came to help her mom recover from some surgery on her shoulder. We loved each moment we got with her. Sariah was thrilled that they got to make cookies together (even if we "cheated" and got the tub of dough). Two of her favorite things: chocolate chip cookies and grandma. Could life be better? Thanks, Mom, for making her day.


Zac had fun helping, too, and we all enjoyed eating the cookies. Ally and Brook loved telling Grandma about every toy they had. We live for time with family.

While Mom was here, Emily and I were talking and thought it would be fun to treat our sweethearts to a Valentine dinner. And we actually did it. The kids played at home with Smith cousins and we had a romantic dinner at Emily's. The planning was almost as fun as the actual dinner. We made chicken fried steak, twice baked potatoes, cranberry spinach salad, rolls, and fruit salad. Dessert was ice cream sundaes on brownies. We used my china that I got for our wedding. I think this was the first time we used the full place settings. What a fun excuse to get it all out. The boys were impressed and ate everything we served. After dinner we watched Star Trek. It was a great evening with the best company. I love you, Joseph and look forward to many more Valentine dates.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Ah!! That is making me miss my mom so very much. I too live for family time!
I'm glad you got to see your mom for a little bit.

Also, very cute V-Day dinner. How fun!!