Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, Pal!

Can you believe Ally is 5? I am still getting used to it myself. We even registered for Kindergarten last week. She is so ready. But, back to her birthday. She had her first friend party. We had a great pony party. First, we made wands. That really doesn't fit with the pony theme, but the girls loved it and I already had all the stuff we needed, so it was perfect.

Then we played pin-the-tail-on-the-pony. Thanks to Dad's document cam at school and his mad tracing skills, we had a huge My Little Pony to put up on the door. (And notice that the pony is holding a wand, so the wand idea did fit the theme after all.)

Joseph delighted them all by completely missing the pony all together. Thanks for being a good sport, Joseph. I made him play because the highlight of my birthday parties as a young girl was always when Dad played pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey with us. Somehow his tail always ended up across the room or on the ceiling. Great memories; thanks, Dad.

We had a party the following day with the family. Ally scored lots of fun new presents, mostly ponies, pockets and pollies. The pony cake was easy and she loved it. Notice the toys that accompanied her to blow out the candles. Grandma Walker sent her some My Loving Family figures and Zac gave her stormtroopers. That is Ally for you. She loves "girl things," like ponies and dollhouses and she loves "boy things," like Star Wars and Nerf guns. She is a delightful mix that we think is just perfect. There is no one like our Pal. We love you!

4 comments:

Tina said...

What a cute pony party Amy! How fun. She is just so cute and I'm sure she and Cloey would have a BLAST together since they are only what like 4 days a part? We will have to introduce them next time we come out to Utah.

Tina said...

That pony party looked so cute Amy! I just know that Cloey and Ally would have a BLAST together. We need to introduce them the next time we come out. They are only a few days a part in age.
She sure is adorable and I'm sure if she is anything like Cloey, she can't WAIT for school to start. How exciting.

Tina said...

p.s. o.k. my computer said my message didn't go through but apparently it did so you got two messages from me... (now three) Sorry about that!!

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Amy you must be such a fun Mom! Love all the parties! They get so big so fast! (And you know a lot of Tina's :) ...)