Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Grand Switcheroo

Over Christmas break we worked hard to finish what Joseph and I called, "the grand switcheroo." This involved switching the kids' rooms around. The ripple effects of this project ended up involving every room of our house. We had to find new places to put lots of stuff and we got rid of lots of stuff. It feels good to have it all done. Funny how the arrival of one more little person can require so much preparation. Now that it is all said and done, Sarah and Ally share a room downstairs. Sariah is still on her bottom bunk, but with a new bedspread that she loves. It is actually a quilt that a dear friend made when Sariah was born. I was excited to have a place to use it.

Our Pal now occupies the top bunk. She thinks that is pretty cool. Brook misses her roommate, but loves her new big girl bed with the pink covers. She takes everything in stride if it involves something pink. Brook loves to tell everyone that Bean (that is what we all call the new baby) will sleep in her crib and share her room. She has no idea what she is talking about but I am glad that for now she is happily anticipating her new roommate.

The girls are learning to get along and share the space. I am glad I took pictures when everything was clean. It is not that way as often as I would like it to be. They are getting better. I will take what I can get.

Zac finally got his own room. Since it used to be the storage/craft/whatever room, it took significant effort to clean it out. Hence, the ripple effects throughout the house. He loves having his own space and is doing a pretty good job of keeping it clean.

He is even a good sport about sleeping on the food storage. (Yes, he has a typical Mormon boy bedroom: food storage bed, BYU poster, piggy bank with a spot for mission savings, etc.) Joseph did leave a little space between boxes that makes the perfect weapons cache for his swords and guns. It is a pretty cool room, even if his closet is full camping gear, extra bedding, etc. It works. When we moved into this house 9 years ago, I wondered what we would do with all the space. Now I know. We filled it up with kids. It is the best house in the world.

2 comments:

Toni said...

9 years ago!!! Wow, how time flies. Can't wait to see the new bean! Love you all.

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Kids are work, huh? I tell my oldest that I had her first just to help me with the little ones. She's not convinced... :)