Sunday, May 15, 2011

Easter Sunday

I think I have my mother to thank for the obligation I feel to have new Sunday clothes for the kids on Easter. We always had a new dress and she usually sewed it herself. I am over the sewing myself, but I still feel like they need something new. Of course, we probably actually needed something to wear to church in the warmer weather and Easter was the excuse to get it. Anyway, it has turned into a fun tradition. This year, I was even brave enough to take all three girls shopping together. I did survive and actually enjoyed a little taste of future girl time with my daughters:)

Ally chose a pretty red dress that I love on her.

Brook "shocked" us all by choosing pink. The headband from Aunt Nicole was the perfect touch.

Sariah is way too grown up. Who taught her to pose anyway?

I actually took pictures after church this year. No one would have ever known if it were not for Zac's lightning fast ability to change clothes the minute we hit the door. I was a nice mom and did not make him put his shirt and pants back on. He did consent to clip on his Easter tie. What a kid. Sam was not so impressed either.

Joseph looked handsome as always. I am grateful we do all the bunny stuff on Saturday so we can focus on Christ on Sunday. The more I ponder, the more significant Easter becomes. We truly have cause to rejoice in the marvelous blessings that are ours because of the Atonement.

1 comment:

Oh, Sweet!... said...

I totally agree with you. I found an awesome book that helps put meaningful activities into your traditions for Easter. It's so important! The girls all looked so cute in their Easter dresses!