Sunday, May 8, 2011

Late Nights and Pedicures

Sariah turned 10 in February and decided she needed a "late night" with her friends. (A late night is basically all the fun of a sleepover, minus the overnight. A great concept if you ask me.) We made a giant cookie, ordered some pizza and invited a few friends.

The girls giggled non stop. It was a great party. Brook opted to watch the late night feature, Madeline, while Zac and Ally hid in our room upstairs to watch Star Wars. Sariah was in her element: pajamas, chocolate, movie and friends. Does life get any better for a 10 year old girl? Not in her world, especially since Aunt Emily joined the fun, too.


The Sunday before her birthday, we celebrated with family. She wanted a chocolate cake with the number 10 on top. Easy enough. Some where along the line, birthday cakes became a big deal in our family. The kids look forward to choosing the shape, flavor and color. I am grateful that as they get older, their requests get simpler. Although, Sariah really "took the cake" when she asked for a belly cake on her third birthday. We are still not sure where that came from.
This year Sariah got lots of art stuff and some movies. We gave her a trip to the salon for her first pedicure.



Aunt Nicole came with us. The night before our big day, I fell and really hurt my foot. I opted out of the pedicure, but went along for the ride. Sariah has always loved having her feet rubbed. She used to scoot up to me, stick her foot in my face and say, "Rubba my feet." She loved her pedicure. She looked very grown up sitting in the chair getting pampered. I wish we could pamper her more. She deserves every minute. We may have really started something, though. She told me just the other day, "Mom, I really need a pedicure." You and me both! Ally took pretty careful notes about what was going on. Yesterday she told me she wanted to go to the beauty salon and out to lunch. Girls are such fun. Happy Birthday, Sariah Girl. You make us so happy. Thanks for keeping us on our toes and sharing your unconditional love with us.

1 comment:

Tina said...

What a cute idea! I'll have to remember that when Cloey gets older. I have never had a pedicure so it would be fun to do it together with your daughter for the first time. Happy very late b-day Sariah!!
Oh, and I LOVE the idea of a "late night". Classic!