Sunday, September 4, 2011

Stars and Stripes

Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE the 4th of July? I'm sure I have, so forgive me while I tell you again. There is just something about celebrating the freedoms we enjoy with the people we love to share those freedoms with. Maybe it's the combination of parades, summertime, childhood innocence, barbecues and fireworks. Or maybe it's the family traditions we have created. One day I will be able to put my finger on it and eloquently express it. But until then I will ponder on my blessings and try not to tear up too much when the parade route goes silent as the flag passes by and we all put our hands on our hearts. And I'll clap a little louder for the veterans who sacrificed more than I'll ever know so that I can enjoy summer holidays with my family.









This year was extra fun because Laura was with us, too. She came out to spend a few days with family and then help me drive the kids out to NC. (More on that adventure to come.) We opted out of the fireworks this year due to weather, exhaustion and our upcoming trip. Nontheless, it was another great day.

No comments: