Sunday, June 7, 2009

Beach Bunny Brook


We got Brook a new swimsuit. When we tried it on, she did not want us to take it off. She grabbed her purse and sunglasses and thought she was hot stuff. It was hilarious. She danced around and sang songs. When she wants to, she can be quite the preformer. She just might give Ally a run for her money in the sassy department.
I thought I'd add a couple of other "cute kid moments." Here is cowboy Zac. We went to Farmland with Ally's preschool. Admission included a pony ride. Ally would have nothing to do with it, but Zac wanted to ride on the biggest "pony" there. He was a little unsure at first, but he had a great time.

I wish I could really give Ally a penny for her thoughts sometimes. She is adorable, but every once in a while she gives me a little look that just might spell trouble. Her imagination is always in full swing. For example, Aunt Laura sent her some Tinkerbell coloring pages. She could not wait to get her hands on them. As she colored she told me about Tinkerbell's red lipstick and her pretty hair. Then she said, "Mom, do you know why I am coloring her with so much blue? It's because she has lots of blue blood."

Sariah is my little baker. She will talk anyone she can into making chocolate chip cookies with her. For her birthday, Emily and Chris gave her a heart-shaped cupcake pan. We finally got around to trying it out. She looked too grown up as she poured the batter all by herself. I asked her to do me a favor and to stop growing up. She said no. At least I tried.

I caught Brook and Sariah reading stories in Ally's bed one day. I am sure Ally and Zac were in the middle of some grand game in the basement. Our house does get a little silly sometimes, but we would not have it any other way. I know they can't always stay little, but I take comfort in knowing they will always be mine.

1 comment:

Chris 'n Leah said...

Those are some sweet moments to share. What joy children bring into our lives. I can hardly remember our married life before we had children.

I just love how each child comes with their own little personality that is apparent from the start. What a miracle that is.