Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was wonderful. My family spoiled me and made me feel special. It was also a "growing" day for me as I tried some new endeavors. First, Liz came up with a great idea to make Mom Anson a fruit bouquet. Thanks to Liz's vision, Nicole's floral arranging skills, and my melon-baller, it turned out pretty cute. Mom liked it and we all enjoyed nibbling on it.

The other new project was a little more nerve wracking. Amy makes an incredible fruit log that we all love. Mom decided that she wanted one for her Mother's Day dessert. Since Amy lives in Missouri now, I volunteered to try it out. The pressure was on! Even though I stuffed it a little too full of fruit, it was a success. We ate every last bite. Thanks for the recipe, Amy.

1 comment:

wellsmom05 said...

Amy, are you going to share the recipe for the fruit log with all of us? It looked absolutely delicious!!! Chandra Wells