Sunday, December 12, 2010

5th of July

As Sariah keeps reminding us, this year we went to the 5th of July parade. The grand parade was held on Monday this year and that was just fine with us. It made the perfect ending to a jam packed week. As per tradition, Joseph camped out with the Smith family to save our seats on the parade route. Last year they braved the rain; this year was the cold. You are my heroes. Thanks again. The night before the parade is almost like Christmas Eve at our house. The kids have a hard time falling asleep because they are sooooo excited. By the end of the day they are 100% worn out.

It was a special treat to have my parents and Brian with us this year. Grandma and Grandpa Anson were there, too, and Marc and Liz and Emily and the Smiths and Pucketts. Watching the parade with family is what makes it so fun. After the parade we had lunch at the Brick Oven (yum) and then headed to the Ansons' for naps, more food and fireworks.




I think 4th of July is one of my favorite days. I am grateful for traditions that bind us together. Another great 4th, I mean 5th.

No comments: