Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sweet Dreams

I have been collecting pictures and planning this post for a while. Brooklyn takes after her big brother and has trouble falling asleep sometimes. She plays, reads, sings, asks for drinks of water, asks for stories and anything else she can think of to stay awake. Finally she wears herself out and falls asleep in the middle of whatever she was doing. (It reminds me of the little girl in Monsters, Inc.) We have found her asleep in some pretty funny positions. It makes me wonder what little game she was playing when exhaustion finally won. She often falls asleep with books. Pinkalicious is a favorite.

This time she had a book but she had gotten into her pillowcase as well.

She is a mover. We find her sideways, upside down, diagonal, whatever. She also likes to sleep on top of her comforter and just use her blanket. This night she didn't use either.

That is her Strawberry Shortcake doll she is curled around. My legs would ache for days if I fell asleep like that.

I think this might be my favorite. It made me giggle.

The very picture of comfort itself.

Most mornings she wakes up bright eyed and bushy tailed. But other mornings she can be a bit grumpy. Whatever adventures the day may bring, they usually involve princesses and the color pink. When we went to get her hair cut, she asked for a "princess hair do." She was quite pleased with the result.

She loves her Sleeping Beauty dress and often couples it with a crown or the pink pioneer bonnet, which she insists on wearing backwards.

Thank you for making me happy and keeping me on my toes and for eventually falling asleep each night. I love you, Lou Lou.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is, frankly, the most adorable thing I have seen in my entire life. Thank you for sharing!

Ansonville Homepage said...

Really cool!

Marc and Liz Anson said...

That is a VERY pink post Amy. No seriously, there is pink in every picture, it's SO Brook! I love it. :)